Friday, March 7, 2008

Writing Territiories

I like to mostly read writing that is either very informative or very entertaining to read. I really see no benefit to reading anything that is neither enjoyable or educational. Although informative writing is not very entertaining to read, I feel the marginal benefit of what you get from the reading far outweighs the time spent. Although I typically do not write all too much on my own, I enjoy writing informative pieces such as reports or documentaries. I cannot typically bring myself to write anything fictional however on occassion I find it enjoyable. When school is not involved; I write little to none. This is not due to a lack of motivation, moreover simply not having enough time. The only writing I can remember doing outside of school in the past six months were the countless college essays and applications. They were not in the slightest bit enjoyable in any way. I am nearly scarred from the experience.

There is nothing more enojoyable on a hot summer day than being out on the water. No matter what there is always something to do. Whether it be wake boarding, fishing, tubing, or simply having a good time on the water, the options are endless. One activity I particularly enjoy is wake boarding. A few friends and myself are the first on the water nearly every summer weekend. No matter the temperature we are still eager to get on the water. There is nothing more energizing than jumping in a lake of freezing water at 9a.m. The same group of people has been wake boarding for nearly five years. Tragically, this tradition will be ended this summer. Two of the participants no longer have their cabins and are moving. Although it won't be the same, we are still going to have an excellent time on the water and spend our last summer home having a great time.

No comments: